**~ Wiki is WIP ~**
*This website is not collecting visitor's data, you are browsing it freely without someone beeing able to track how many times you clicked on which link.*
## 🤗 Hey there,
This is a Wiki of NFT Standards and everything related to Non Fungible Tokens, infrastructure, vulnerabilities, ideas, metadata ... everything NFT and standards related.
This initiative started after NFT Boom with the goal to improve NFT Standards, to be more correct, improve [[ERC721]] standard. **We have [[Working Group]], join us if you are open towards creating new underlayer of NFTs, if you love exploring and breaking things, this group if for you 🥰**
To start off, we need to understand the base of the standards that are already live, which you can find simplified versions of all NFT related standards on the left side of this Wiki under "[[Standards]]". You can find there a bunch of links and further reading related to the standard itself.
As Working Group we have been exploring [[Security]] vulnerabilities, and mainly [[Permits]] as that’s where we see potential to expand and create new standard. We are drafting our ideas together, you can find very rough draft in [[Permit Singleton]]. We are exploring ways how to improve NFTs with Permits as messages for improving UX of minting NFTs, making minting cheaper for artists and improving the overall flow.
### 🪜 See also:
- [[Permits]] for our latest ideas which are implemented in the [[Permit Singleton]]
- [[Related Links]] for GitHub Repositories and a bunch of links related and also [[Other NFT related]]
- [[Communications]] for links to NFT Standards Working Group
- [[Custom add ons]] for marketplaces modifications of the NFT Standards
- [[NFT Links]] for NFT galleries links, NFT Educational Content and related
# 🎩Working Group
We do have active Telegram Group and Ethereum Magicians thread, please visit [[Communications]] for links.
We have also [NFT Standards community GitHub repo](https://github.com/NFT-Standards-WG) for community contributions. Feel free to create PR for improvements to this wiki - make sure to submit the doc in Markdown, create ERCs, add anything related to NFT Standards.
## 🐝 Meets
We are going to host [[Meets]] Bi-Weekly calls. Propose Topic & EIPs for the next Meets [here](https://github.com/NFT-Standards-WG/Meets/issues/2)
# 🎥 Live update:
**For the live updates of progress visit [[Progress log]] which is being updated sometimes as new docs are added to Wiki.**
*Alpha updates are in Working Group TG Channel, links are in [[Communications]] doc*
That relates to this Wiki:
- [Why ERC721 sucks and we need a new standard](https://anettrolikova.medium.com/why-erc721-sucks-and-we-need-a-new-standard-28122e8279ab) <- Sum up of [[ERC721]] & [[ERC1155]] Standards
- [NFTs meets DeFi explorations and usability](https://anettrolikova.medium.com/nfts-meets-defi-explanation-and-usability-b11971f48c03) <- NFT x DeFi usecases
- [Permits as free approval messages for signing transactions](https://medium.com/@anettrolikova/permits-as-free-approval-messages-for-signing-transactions-6f9b7c1b7ee0)<- Intro into Permits, how they could work with NFTs
- [What is EIP and how can I create one ? Ethereum Standards EIP ERC FAQs](https://medium.com/coinmonks/what-the-heck-is-eip-and-how-can-i-create-one-ethereum-standards-eip-erc-faqs-2fd1194eebe0) <- Introduction into ERCs
- [Deep dive into NFT Metadata](https://anett.mirror.xyz/VWvEzO6lBAwrRBduC0_tlY4-OQaBsDbagUSswNRDnvI) <- Overview of NFT metadata, how they’re used in ERC-721,ERCC-1155, ERC-2412, WG standards
- [ Music NFT Standards overview](https://anettrolikova.medium.com/music-nft-standards-overview-696ba3ee889c) <- Intro into Music NFTs, current solutions for Music NFTs, New Music NFT Standard
- [How to decode NFT file from ERC-721 using etherscan](https://hackmd.io/@Bnkhqf0tSbi1lX2Xc-WXYQ/H1bvfcOcY) <- Tutorial how to verify NFT on OpenSea via json parser
- [Mapping out recent NFT Standards](https://anett.mirror.xyz/B9WUyZuhLpheIXD_PJQ25U5bzL9eMKb_3lVp8flcO74) <- Overview of recent NFT ERCs, collaboration with [Tim](https://twitter.com/timdaub)
- [Guidelines on How to write EIP](https://anettrolikova.medium.com/guide-on-how-to-write-perfect-eip-70488ad70bec) <- Do's and Don'ts and examples of perfect EIP to help you write your EIP
*Contributions to this Wiki and Suggestions to improve are welcomed 🙏*
- This work is supported by the [Ethereum Magicians](https://ethereum-magicians.org/)
Consider making donation to [Ethereum Magicians Gitcoin grant](https://gitcoin.co/grants/223/ethereum-magicians) to support NFT Standards Research and Development
*Note: You may find typos while browsing this wiki, mistakes happen - we are just humans 💜*